The Oracle APPS Database Administrator must manage the EBS application and other applications related to EBS. The Apps DBA has to work closely with Oracle Database DBA and together support Production EBS Systems. The APPS DBA should work with Developers and help them resolving the day to day issues.
- Installation, configuration and deployment of Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2
- Major and minor Upgrades to Oracle E-Business Suite R12.
- Work with Onsite team and collaborate.
- Work with developers and users to migrate objects and code between non-production and prod environments.
- Should have hands on experience in multi-node cloning of R12.2 applications using Rapid clone
- Trouble shooting expertise for all tiers (Apache, forms, concurrent manager’s, admin and Database)
- Proficient in Database Administration activities such as installation, DB creation, sizing, backup& Recovery, performance tuning& capacity planning.
- Enable online patching and apply patches using ADOP
- Manage routine Application backup procedures and disaster recovery procedures.
- Design and implement database security schemas.
- Assist Onsite DBA with complex tasks and trouble shooting.
- Provide On-Call support to Production Systems.
- Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of Application administration.
- Good Communications Skills.
- Must have extensive knowledge of ORACLE EBS R12. (12.2.4/5/6)
- Must be well versed with AD utilities, ADOP &FS Clone
- Must have strong knowledge about concurrent managers.
- Must be skilled in sysadmin activities like user administration responsibilities, request groups, register forms, printer setup, register custom applications, etc.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Oracle RDBMS.
- Must have extensive knowledge of administering Oracle e-Business Suite in a SOLARIS or LINUX environment.
- Additional skills in Demantra, Vertex, Noetix Views, Discoverer and MES systems is required.
- UNIX/LINUX scripting knowledge is required.
- Thorough knowledge on ADOP cycle, FS Clone and EBR concepts
- Thorough knowledge of SQL including PL/SQL.
- Preferred Knowledge of Oracle Fusion Middleware, SOA/BPEL and ADF.
- Willing to learn and support other related applications to EBS.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Suitable experience will substitute.
- 10-12 years of overall experience in information systems is required with 8-10 years of Managing Oracle e-Business Suite working as an Apps DBA.
- 2-4 Years of experience working in Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies.
- Database 12C knowledge is an added advantage.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai UAE
Job Category: EMEA